Last night, I attended the wedding of two good friends, Michael Palacios and Rowena Azada. Well, actually, I attended the reception, Cathy’s having her PhD class pretty much cancelling out any chance of actually being at the wedding. I’ll post some photographs later, but here are some bitesize bits of information:
- I participated in “Beat the Geek” as a music geek. Got the easy question wrong, got the moderate question right. Go figure.
- Rowie looked svelte and giddy. Mike looked comfortable and giddy. Two people giddy in love. All is well with the world.
- Broke my Atkin’s diet for a day to partake of the wedding cake, homemade by Tito Art (Mike’s dad) which was a recipe of Tita Vangie (Mike’s late mom).
- Ran into a host of bloggers! It became a mini-EB. LOL Saw Toni of Wifely Steps, Maan of MySilverchair, and Jehan of Jagermeister.
- Nix’s wife, Maita, is four months pregnant!
- Saw into so many friends who I hadn’t seen in a while. I’m glad everyone’s well and doing great.
- CONGRATULATIONS, MIKE AND ROWIE!
At the end of the night, I took home wind chimes for Cathy, and found myself driving through McDonald’s for a chocolate sundae. Hey, if I’m going to break the diet for a day, I’ma do it right, don’t you think?