I’ve been tagged by Ada.
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
1. My Wish by Rascal Flatts. A song that speaks of a person’s best wishes for another person. I choose to believe it’s a parent singing to his child, and I dedicate it to Nathan.
2. Broken and Beautiful by Mark Schultz. When we approach the throne of God humbly, acknowledging that we need Him in our lives, we become even more beautiful in the eyes of the Lord. I love this single.
3. Son of God by Starfield. The song proclaims Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Doesn’t get any simpler or more beautiful than that.
4. Defying Gravity by Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth. I’m preparing this song from Wicked as one of two Broadway audition pieces for a stage musical this Sunday, the other being Circle of Life from The Lion King. (Wish me luck!)
5. Wind It Up by Gwen Stefani. I love how this song samples The Lonely Goatherd from The Sound of Music. Gwen Stefani, you never cease to amaze.
6. It’s All Coming Back to Me Now by Meatloaf featuring Marion Raven. I’m a sucker for songs with drama. Even if it doesn’t come close to Celine Dion’s version, I think Jim Steinman is brilliant.
7. I Don’t Feel Like Dancing by Scissor Sisters. God, this song is so pointless, but it’s the happiest song in the world.